Let your voice be heard
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency’s (MPCA) proposed new water quality standard could have a devastating impact for families on the Iron Range and throughout Minnesota. It isn’t based on modern science, isn’t proven to protect wild rice, and would cause major job losses.
We’re asking the MPCA to consider all of the facts and consequences before making a decision on a sulfate water quality standard. Here are some ways you can get involved as well.
Submit a comment online
Submit comments online between now and November 2 by following these instructions:
- Click here to visit the Minnesota Office of Administrative Hearings discussion page
- Click on “view discussion”
- On the next page scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “view topic”
- On the next page click on “sign up”
- Once you sign up you can submit your comment
Write a letter
Write a letter and mail it by November 2 to:
Office of Administrative Hearings
P.O. Box 64620
St. Paul, MN 55164-0620
To view a sample letter, please click here.
Attend a public hearing
Hearings on this issue will be held throughout Minnesota, October 23 – November 2. For a full list of public hearings, please click here.